Online AED | CPR | First Aid Certification
Life-Saving Training for your Employees.
CPR, AED & First Aid Training.
FC Safety is the leading provider of workplace AEDs, First Aid products and training certification to some of the largest companies in North America. Our customers include the biggest Department of Defense Contractors, Fortune 100 Tech Companies and large municipalities in the US.
American Red Cross Trained Instructors
2-Hour Online Video-Instruction, 1-Hour Virtual Skills Assessment
Life-Saving CPR Instruction
AED Training for Cardiac Emergencies
First Aid Including Environmental Emergencies
Online AED, CPR & First Aid Training in All 50 States
FC Safety offers online AHA and HSI AED, CPR & First Aid training classes anywhere in the United States. Contact us today to schedule your on-site training certification or purchase your training online and schedule training programs when your team is ready. Certifications are conducted through online Zoom meetings and meet all certification requirements.
Need AED, CPR or First Aid certification for international employees? No problem! We offer online training and certification approved by the American Heart Association and American Red Cross to meet your corporate compliance requirements and effectively train employees to respond to workplace cardiac and first aid emergencies.
AED/CPR Certification Course Overview:
FC-Safety is proud to offer the American Red Cross® (AHA) CPR, AED & First Aid Training with optional Bloodborne Pathogen course to your Fortune 500 Enterprise, Medium Size Business, School District, Defense Department Contractor, Community Organization, Government Agency, or Municipality.
All the life-saving coursework needed to obtain the AHA CPR/AED/First Aid is offered in individual online certification sessions and training conducted by certified medical training professionals. This training has been developed using independent, online video-based, instructor-guided training techniques that ensure participants are engaged and educated effectively to learn the following critical, life-saving skills:
- Adult CPR
- AED use
- Basic first aid
- Bloodborne pathogen procedures (if this module is included as an extra optional purchase)
CPR/AED Independent Virtual Training Approach
The American Red Cross research-proven Practice-While-Watching (PWW) technique is utilized in a hands on process. While students practice administering CPR, simulating a cardiac event and using an AED, and administering first aid, the instructors observe and provide immediate feedback. Instructors provide real-world guidance during the training and give real-time guidance on students’ use of life-saving skills.
Training manikins are used to practice CPR skills, including chest compressions and breathing techniques. AED training is conducted using various AED training equipment which includes a trainer AED machine that simulates an AED device, or a live AED unit equipped with training pads. The AED training teaches students how to prepare a cardiac patient for electrode pad application, and how to initiate a life-saving shock to someone experiencing cardiac arrest. Students will practice applying electrode pads and interacting with the AED machine while following the AED unit's built-in, automated instructional guidance.
First Aid Training
The first aid portion of the training teaches life-saving skills that will train students how to respond to and handle emergency scenarios in the first critical moments until emergency medical services (EMS) arrive.
Students learn key skills, including how to treat:
- Broken bones
- Other common first aid emergencies, like allergic reactions
Some of the other topics covered include bandaging technique, glove removal, and epinephrine auto-injectors. Hands-on instruction is given where applicable so students get feedback on their skills.
Online video classes are 2 hours depending on the pace desired of the student.
Online skills assessment class size is limited so instructors are able to provide individual coaching. This way, each student leaves feeling confident he or she has received comprehensive instruction and is ready to use an AED, administer CPR, or provide first aid if the need arises.
Optional Heartsaver Blood-borne Pathogen Training
The optional Heartsaver Blood-borne Pathogens is a video-based, instructor-led classroom course for anyone who has a reasonable chance of being exposed to or coming into contact with blood-borne pathogens. Students will learn:
- How to protect themselves from exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- How to clean themselves and the contaminated area
- The proper procedure to report exposure to blood-borne pathogens in the workplace
This class meets Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for blood-borne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
When BBP certification is included, training sessions are 7.5 to 8.5 hours long.
Why choose FC Safety's ARC CPR/AED and First Aid Certification
- Professional Instructors: Our instructors are emergency room doctors, paramedics, EMTs, nurses, firefighters, and other knowledgeable emergency and medical professionals. They use these skills in their work and bring their experience and insight into the classroom.
- Trustworthy, Widely Accepted Course Material: Training courses are certified by the American Heart Association. AED Superstore uses the ARC’s CPR/AED curriculum, which is widely regarded as the gold standard for CPR/AED, first aid, and blood-borne pathogen training.
- Student Certification: Each student receives a certification card for CPR/AED and First Aid (and optional BBP if the course is taken). The certification is valid for two years upon completion of the class.
- In-Home Convenience: Employees will watch a 2 hour training video and later participate in a 1 hour skills assessment with a certified instructor. Students use their own training CPR manikin.
- Simplicity for Large Organizations: Even if your business has multiple locations, you’ll have a single point of contact with whom you can coordinate training classes nationwide.
- Scheduling: We consistently hear feedback from our customers that the scheduling support we offer helps streamline the process, especially if multiple groups need to get trained.
- Price: We offer extremely competitive, flat-rate per student pricing for our certification.
We can provide the training equipment if needed. Your training area should include the following elements:
- Internet Access: TV, computer, digital device capable of viewing an online video.
- Enough space to practice on your CPR manikin
- Clean and free of clutter or items that would get in the way of instruction
- Appropriate lighting
- Sufficiently quiet for watching the video and interacting with the instructor; areas that have constant activity or through traffic tend to be distracting and aren’t suitable
- Tables are optional but preferable
If you’re looking for training to fulfill a legal requirement or receive certification in these skills, FC Safety can get your staff AEC certified with medical professionals teaching virtually for a price that can't be beat. Call or order online today and get certified in a heartbeat!
Please note: ARC video training must be completed prior to the online skills assessment portion of the program.